From HOD's Desk
Mechanical Engineering is an evergreen field of engineering by any count, be it placement, entrepreneurship or research. It is vast and is classified into thermal engineering, design engineering, production engineering and industrial engineering. Aspirants will have plenty of choices to form their career path.It is a comprehensive program preparing its aspirants in variety of sub fields, offering links to Electronics Engineering through Mechatronics and to Computer Engineering through Computer aided manufacturing.
State-of–the-art lab facilities and tool room centre and Innovation centre at the back end in our institute will make our students distinctly different from others. Independent CAD lab augmented with tool room centre with CNC machines will offer multitude hands on to our students and give complete exposure in computer aided manufacturing (CAM). Latest engines with MPFI, CRDI, Variable compression ratio/multi fueled engines, Refrigeration and Airconditioning rigs, and automation enabled Mechatronics lab will transform learning into a dream experience. Apt faculty will add more value to aspirants’ learning.
The course is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The course is of 4 years duration each year consisting of 2 semesters. At present the course has sanctioned intake capacity of 60 students per year.
The mechanical engineer is perceived as one who is engaged in a diverse profession encompassing design, manufacturing, analysis, synthesis and optimisation for a wide variety of mechanical systems for better comfort and survival of mankind. Hence, we in Mechanical Engineering Department at AITD envision to emerge as centre of excellence in Mechanical Engineering in the state of Goa and our nation moulding all its aspirants to be adaptable to the dynamic needs of society and innovations in Mechanical Engineering keeping the dignity, dedication and work ethic at its forefront.
- To offer an outstanding, professionally oriented and applied research reinforced programme that will bring a reformation in manufacturing industries and technical services in the state of Goa and our nation.
- To mould students into engineers of future on par with global standards in Mechanical Engineering with meticulous practical skills blended with sound theoretical knowledge in emerging trends.
- To transform young minds into citizens with strongly rooted ethics that will evolve the Mechanical Engineers as architect of a stronger nation.
- To provide an exposure to the emerging and innovative technology and collaborative research in Mechanical Engineering to strengthen the industry-academic partnership for the mutual benefit.
- To provide knowledge of contemporary issues
- Innovate and enhance teaching-learning process.
- To establish an R & D and consultancy centre
- To conduct collaborative programmes with reputed industries
- To establish the department as an excellent academic centre through expertise and modern laboratories
- Aim to achieve more number of research publications from faculty and students
- To augment laboratories and keep them up to date according to the modern trends
- To encourage faculty members to have interaction with industries
- To shape students as industry ready and friendly professionals by roping in industry personnel to participate with the programmes pushing the boundaries of curriculum.
- To demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues
- To provide a sound academic ambience to students for a complete learning experience.
- To strive for students placements in core industrial sectors.
- To mould the aspirants with corporate culture and work ethic
|Dr.V. Mariappan||Principal||PhD. From IIT.B||34 years||Quality, Reliability, Maintenance Modeling & Analysis, Six Sigma Management, Stochastic Modeling & Analysis, Thermal Systems||Click here|
|Mr. Niraj Pai Bhale||H.O.D||M.E (Industrial Engineering)||15 years 7 months||Six Sigma Management, Operations and Project Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain Management||Click here|
|Mr. Prasanna Kattimani||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Production Management)||4 years||Manufacturing Engg., Fluid Mechanics, Fiber Reinforced Composites, Advanced Materials||Click here|
|Mr. Gaurish Anil Walke||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (CAD/CAM)||5 years 6 months||Engineering Graphics, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Finite Element Method||Click here|
|Mr Ambesh M. Shetye||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Automotive)||6 years||Engineering Graphics, Machine Drawing, Energy Conversion, Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid Power Control||Click here|
|Mr. Pranit Rajiv Naik Dalal||Assistant Professor||M.E (Machine Design)||2 years 6 months||Engineering Mechanics, Industrial engineering, Supply Chain, Machine Design, Machine Drawing||Click here|
|Mr. Nagaraj A Raikar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Production Management)||4 years||CAD/CAM, Supply Chain Management,Engineering Measurement & Metrology, Manufacturing Tech-II||Click here|
|Mr. Adersh Raghunandan Alornekar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Turbo Machines)||4 years||Computational Fluid Dynamics, Gas Dynamics, Theory of Machines||Click here|
|Mr. Amol N. Patil||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Production Management)||10 years||Engg. Graphics, Automobile, Reliabilty Based Design, Maintenance Management, Six Sigma, Machine Drawing, Quality Management||Click here|
|Mr. Mahalingesh B||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Energy Systems Engineering)||2 years||Thermal Engg., Power Plant Engg., Renewable Energy Sources, Basic Mechanical Engg.||Click here|
|Mr. Shiva Krishna J||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (CIM)||3 years||Machine Drawing, Engg. Graphics, Manufacturing Engg., Mechatronics, Advanced Materials, Computer Integrated Manufacturing||Click here|
|Mr. Prabhudev Mallapur||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Machine Design)||2 years||Machine Design, Tool Engg. & Design, Theory of Machines, Machine Tool Design & Engg. Mechanics||Click here|
|Mr. Parashuram Nandi||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (Energy Systems Engineering)||2 years||Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning, Gas Dynamics & Turbomachinaries, Renewable Energy Sources, Computational Fluid Dynamics||Click here|
|Mr. M. Prabhakaran||Assistant Professor||M.E (Manufacturing Engineering)||6 years||Engg. Mechanics, Theory of Machines, Mechanics of Solids, Manufacturing Technology||Click here|
|Mr. Saish Rivankar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (CAD)||1 year 10 months||Engg. Mechanics, Engg. Material Science, Strength of Materials, Computer Graphics||Click here|
|Mr. Deniz Fernandes||Senior Technical Assistant||Diploma in Production engineering, I.T.I Fitter|
|Mr. Leonard D’Souza||Instructor||Technical Diploma(Apprenticeship, NCNT,Mechanical)|
|Mr. Diogo Pinto||Instructor||Diploma in Fabrication Technology and Erection Engineering|
|Mr. Michael D’Silva||Instructor||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Mr. Vinit Vidyadhar Sawant||LAB Assistant||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Mr. Rama Ravindranath Malik||LAB Assistant||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Mr. Ajinkya Salgaonkar||LAB Assistant||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Mr. Sujesh Girodkar||LAB Assistant||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
The laboratories in the department are equipped with instruments and experimental setups needed to perform the experiments as per the syllabus. The department also has workshops and machine shop for conducting practicals in smithy, carpentry, welding and fitting.
Revised Scheme 2016-17
Old Scheme 2007-08