The Entrepreneurship Cell of Agnel Institute of Technology & Design is organizing a visume competition. The objective of this competition is to give a voice and personality to student’s paper resumes, through cutting edge video streaming technology.
The event is open for individual T.E/B.E students from all departments. To Enter, Fill up the Registration form and then Create a 90 - 120 second Visume in English that tells us why you would be a great Employee to any company. All visume need to be handed to Prof. Nora Naik, latest by 09th March 2017. Visumes should be no more than 120 seconds long.
Round 1: Video Pitch
In this round the visume will be judged by a panel of experts. Clarity, Focus and Conviction are all up for display in this round. Any entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered under any circumstances.
Round 2: Presentation at Colloquium 2017
Best 3 visumes will be showcased during Colloquium 2017 to be held on 17th March 2017. Final round will comprise of visume presentation infront of judges and interactions with representatives from incubation organizations. The best visume will be selected as winner in the finals.
• Any supplementary information meant for the participants will be communicated directly via email.
• Duration of the visume should not exceed 2 minutes.
• Any entry that contains illegal or abusive content will be taken down immediately.
• Your video entry will be judged on its messaging and creativity, this includes: 1) Show and Tell us why you would make a great employee.You may even ask your references to appear on the Visume and pitch on your behalf. 2) Creativity
Tips for an eye-catching video
1. Choose a professional/plain background. You can also take your visume with the nice tall office buildings behind! But the safest will be a white wall behind you. Taking a video with a background related to your job interests will make you look professional!
2. Dress smart. For the ladies, putting on some light makeup is also a way of showing respect your employer. For the men, don’t forget to comb your hair neatly.
3. Ensure your surrounding is noise-pollution free, you won’t want to have your voice recorded with the interferences. Your employee will have a hard time trying to figure out what you talking.
4. Talk with confidence. Know what you are going to say, don’t forget to smile once in a while.
5. Make use of tools. If you need to show any artwork or prototype you have, bring them along into your visume!