From HOD's Desk
The field of Computer Engineering has entered all branches of Engineering and without computer applications any engineering discipline becomes out-dated. Computer Engineering provides opportunities to all aspirants to learn advanced subjects like data mining, mobile computing, and neural networks. Our college has dedicated faculty in these areas and with the help of updated laboratory facilities our students will definitely have a decisive edge over others. Industry based projects and expert lectures by practitioners from leading industries are a part of our college’s teaching learning process.
The course is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The course is of 4 years duration each year consisting of 2 semesters. At present the course has an intake capacity of 60 students per year.
Rapidly evolving Computer Technology has had a telling impact on trade, education and research. Foreseeing the needs of our versatile society, the Computer Engineering Department of Agnel Institute of Technology and Design will endeavour to continually promote innovative research and education programs that will push the limits of excellence. The Department will strive to build a strong research and teaching-learning environment that effectively responds to the challenges and needs of the future.
- To strive towards creating knowledge and opening the minds of the students to that knowledge
- To act as a catalyst in enabling students to take the best advantage of the opportunities in the field of Computer Engineering
- To encourage and motivate students to explore their capabilities and interests and develop their full intellectual potential
- To be a leading Department by setting yardsticks of high quality among the elite departments of various engineering colleges
- The Computer Engineering Department of Agnel Institute of Technology and Design seeks to accomplish the objectives of:
- Attainment of excellence in teaching, research and service through competency based teaching-learning
- Enactment in creation and synthesis of new knowledge in the field of Computer Engineering for the benefit of all stake holders
- Aspiring to establish a system which helps the students to improve their knowledge and technical capabilities and to acquire and live up to global standards in order to enhance their employability
- Striving to instill upon the learners to apply the knowledge gained for the benefit of humankind as a whole, to think beyond boundaries and to uphold ethics and good values with utmost integrity
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- To prepare students to excel in their profession with quality Graduate Programmes and succeed in becoming leaders and managers of Engineering / Technology.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals with more emphasis on Computer engineering and become competent to pursue higher
- To train students with comprehensive scientific and engineering skill sets so as to understand, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions for real life problems by adapting state- of- the-art technology and with a concern for human related
- To inculcate in students professional ethics, positive integrity, principled attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- To provide students with an academic environment mindful of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines and motivation for life-long learning needed for a successful professional Career
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
By the completion of Computer Engineering program the student will have following Program specific outcomes.
- Foundations of Computer Systems and Software development: Ability to understand the principles and working of computer systems and the structure & development methodologies of software systems. Possess professional skills and knowledge of software design process.
- Foundation of Mathematical concepts: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to solve computational task, to model real world problem using appropriate data structure and suitable algorithm.
- Applications of Computing and Research Ability: Ability to use knowledge in various domains to identify research gaps and hence to provide solution to new ideas and innovations
- Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: Ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur and a zest for higher studies.
PROGRAM LEVEL COURSE – PO MATRIX OF ALL THE COURSES INCLUDING THE FIRST YEAR COURSES
The Program outcomes are attained by a well-constructed curriculum. The entire curriculum is classified according to the nature of the courses Mathematics, Basic science and Engineering, Professional Core (Analytical, Practice, design and electives).
THE IET – STUDENT CHAPTER
The Department of Computer Engineering at AITD established the first ever The IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) Student Chapter in Goa on 3rd October 2016. The Student Chapter was inaugurated in the distinguished presence of Rev.Fr. Victor Rebello, Director, Rev.Fr. Sebastiao Rodrigues, Assistant Director, Dr. V. Mariappan, Principal, and Mr. Abhishek More, the Chairman of sponsoring the IET Mumbai Local Network, Ms. Durga Jalan, the Secretary of IET Mumbai Local Network.
GOOGLE ANDROID USER GROUP (An unit of Google Developers Group of Goa)
Google Developer Groups (GDGs) are for developers who are interested in Google's developer technology; everything from the Android, App Engine, and Google Chrome platforms, to product APIs like the Maps API, YouTube API and Google Calendar API. Google Developers Group Goa is a Goa-based open group of members to use, learn, share and contribute to Google Technologies and in general to the world of Open Source.
The first ever Android User Group [GDG Goa AUG (GAUG)] under Google Developers Group of Goa, was established in Agnel Institute of Technology and Design on 19th January 2017 at Seminar Hall at 10:00 am and it was inaugurated by Mr. PRAJYOT MAINKAR, Head of Google Developers Group, Goa region.
ANNUAL EVENT OF THE IET STUDENT CHAPTER (THE IET’S PATW COMPETITION)
The PATW competition, is open to Engineering and Technology students and aims to find the young engineer or technologist with the strongest presentation skills. Each participant is allowed to present his/her Engineering related technique or topic for 10 minutes in front of the panel comprising of three Judges and other participants. Judgment is based on the presenter’s presentation skills (70%) and its technical content (30%).
The Winner and Runner-up of the Preliminary level have been sponsored by the IET Mumbai Local Network to participate in the next IET Local Network level PATW Competitions which normally held in Mumbai. Till date the department has organized two PATW 2017 & PATW 2018 (Goa University Level) Competitions in which students from various disciplines such as Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering have participated. The Winner of PATW 2018 , Mr. MARK RODRIQUES (First year Mechanical Engineering) also secured Runner-Up place in the PATW – Local Network Level event organized in Rajkot, India.
|16th March 2017||
The first State Level (Goa University) IET PATW 2017 Competition.
Mr. VIMAL CHOUBEY
IET Volunteer, working in TCS, Mumbai
Prof. VAISHALI GAYAKWAD, Assistant Professor, KJ Soumya College of Engineering, Mumbai
The second State Level (Goa University) IET PATW 2018 Competition.
Prof. SNEHAL BHOGAN
Deputy HOD, Computer Engg., AITD
ACCESS – THE STUDENT ASSOCIATION ACTIVITIES
ACCESS, the Association for the Confluence of Computer Engineering Students and Senators was setup in the year 2014 with the aim of providing a platform for the students of the Computer Engineering to enhance their academic potential and improve their career opportunities.
|Resource Person (s) / Guests|
|Inauguration of the Student Association, ACCESS||Mr. VICTOR SILVEIRA|
|2||15.03.2014||Software Debugging Contest
Organized by ACCESS
|3||17 – 18.04.2015||First National Level Technical Symposium entitled, “INTERRUPT” organized by ACCESS, part of TECHURJA 2015.||NILESH B FALDESSAI
Director of IT,
Government of Goa.
|4||19.02.2016||One Day Workshop on “Basics of Python Programming and MATPLOTLIB”||Prof. TERENCE JOHNSON
Assistant Professor, Comp, AITD
|5||18.04.2016||Inter Departmental, Intra College Technical Symposium, “TECHXCELLENCE 1.0”, organized by the ACCESS as part of TECHURJA 2016.||Technical Events organized:
Theory of Everything
Name it, Build it, Fix It.
|6||19.08.2016||Experts Talk on “Artificial Intelligence”||Dr. V. SURENDRA KUMAR, Former Senior Scientist,
Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC)
|7||20.07.2016||Awareness Talk on “Cyber Forensics”||Fr. (Dr.) THOMAS JOHANNES EMIL SCHWARTZ SJ,
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Marquette University, Milwaukee
|8||24.01.2017||Inter Departmental, Intra College Technical Symposium, “TECHXCELLENCE 2.0”, organized by the ACCESS as part of TECHURJA 2017.||Events Organized:
Techo Talk on “Women Empowerment”
|9||16.02.2017||Tech-Talk & Demo on “Cyber Security”, conducted by Bhalchandra Technologies||Team of Experts from
|10||17.03.2017||Expert talk on “Software Freedom through Linux and other FOSS”, organized by CIR Cell of AITD.||Mr. BIJON SAHA
Ex- Director, ETDC-Goa
|11||17.03.2017||Expert Talk on “An Artificial date with Intelligence”, organized by the CIR Cell.||Mr. PRAJYOT MAINKAR
Founder, ANDROCID, Goa
Chairman-IT, GCCI - Goa
|12||06.09.2017l||Talk on “Career Planning: What after Graduation – ways and opportunities”.||Team of experts from
Lakhsya Academy – Goa
|13||27.09.2017||GATE Awareness Program||Team of experts from
Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Sangli, Maharashtra
|14||18.01.2018||An Introductory workshop on “Startup and mentorship program” to helping individuals start, run and grow their own business was conducted for the students from all the years||Mr. PRAJYOT MAINKAR
Founder, ANDROCID, Goa
Chairman-IT, GCCI - Goa
|15||20.01.2018||Career Guidance Program||Team of experts from
|16||22.01.2018||Orientation Programme on “Study in abroad”.||Team of experts from
Swift Educational Consulting Group, Goa
|17||29.01.2018||An Awareness talk on “AMCAT Exam”||Team of experts from Aspiring Minds, Goa|
|18||17.03.2018||Expert Lecture on “Electronics in Industry Verticals”, organized by CIRC.||Mr. NORBERT D'SOUZA,
Tata Consultancy Services, Goa
Workshop on “Internet of Things”: The Department of Computer Engineering in association with E-Cell of AITD, Assagao and Innovians Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore have organized Two weeks workshop on 'Internet of Things (IoT)' (part of Internship) for the pre-final year students of Computer Engineering from 3rd July 2017 to 13th July 2017. It was conducted by Mr. Ashok Kumar, IoT Developer & Lead Trainer from Innovians Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore. The main objective of this training was to make the students acquainted with the conceptual as well as practical knowledge of IoT- Internet of Things. About 31 students from the third year participated and given hands-on training.
STTP on “Robotics and Embedded C”: The Department of Computer Engineering initiated one-week ISTE approved Short Term Training Program on “Robotics and Embedded C” with an objective to create awareness among professionals and academia fro better utilization of Embedded C in Robotics. The objective has been realized during the one-week STTP conducted at AITD premises from 2nd November 2015 to 6th Novermber 2015. The participants had an opportunity to understand the concept of Robotics and Embedded C role in its implementation with the help of practical hands-on session and lectures from industry personnel and academicians.
FDP on “Hadoop and Big Data Analytics”: The Department of Computer Engineering of AITD in association with the Electronics & ICT Academy of National Institute of Technology, Warangal under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India have organized a Faculty Development Program on “Hadoop and Big Data Analytics” from 21st May 2018 to 26th May 2018 at AITD premises.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Exper ience||Expertise||View profile|
|Mrs. Snehal Bhogan||Deputy Head of Department||M.E (Information Technology)
B.E (Computer Engineering)
|12 years||Database Management system, Data Structures, Object Oriented Programming, Computer Networks||Click here|
|Mrs. Nora A. Naik||Assistant Professor||M.E (Information Technology)
B.E (Information Technology)
|9 years||Microprocessors & Interfacing, Image Processing, Computer Graphics||Click here|
|Ms. Valerie Marinha Menezes||Assistant Professor||M.E (Information Technology)
B.E (Information Technology)
|5 years 11 Months||Database Management Systems, Web Technologies, Object Oriented Programming||Click here|
|Mr. Basil Romi Jose||Assistant Professor||ME-CSE||4 years||Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Web Technologies||Click here|
|Mr. V. Pugazhenthi||Assistant Professor||ME-CSE||15 years 3 Months||Data Structures, Language Translators Networking, Distributed Systems||Click here|
|Mr. Shreedatta S. Sawant||Assistant Professor||ME (CSE)||5 years 11 Months||Computer Networks, Mobile Computing||Click here|
|Mr. Kedar B. Sawant||Assistant Professor||ME (CSE)||6 years 4 Months||Distributed Systems, Opearting System, Networking, Data Mining||Click here|
|Mr. Sagar Naik||Assistant Professor||ME (CSE)||2 years 8 Months||Operating Systems, Data Structures, Software Engineering||Click here|
|Ms. Meghana Pai Kane||Assistant Professor||ME (IT)||3 Years 9 Months||Mobile computing, Computer Hardware Design, Natural Language processing||Click here|
|Ms. Pooja Dalvi||Assistant Professor||ME (CSE)||3 years 4 Months||Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing , Data Mining||Click here|
|Ms. Vidya Nadagaddi||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (CSE)||3 years 1 Month||Database Management System, Web Technologies, Image Processing||Click here|
|Mr. Ashish Narvekar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (CSE)||7 yrs 11 months||Computer Networks, Cryptography & Network Security||Click here|
|Mr. Krishnakant Redkar||Lab Assistant||B.Sc in Computer Science|
|Mr. Dattaraj Salkar||Lab Assistant||BCA|
|Mr. Prashant P. Khaunekar||LAB Assistant||Diploma in Computer Engineering|
|Mr. Rohan Shinde||LAB Assistant||B.E. in Information Technology|
|Mr. Zamir Abdul Kolkar||LAB Assistant||BCA|
|Ms. Amita Jane D'Souza||LAB Assistant||BSc (Computer Science)|
The Computer Engineering Department has state of the art infrastructure, with well-equipped and air-conditioned laboratories with all the latest techniques and instruments.
The laboratories have the required software’s needed to perform the experiments as per the syllabus. The facilities of all the labs can be accessed by students throughout the working hours. The students get maximum exposure to new technologies, modern amenities which assist them to perform their practical sessions.