From HOD's Desk
The Department of Basic Science and Humanities started with the establishment of AITD, in 2012. It is our mission to provide the best in teaching and research activities of engineering disciplines. We aim to furnish our learners with multitude skills and knowledge for possible leadership in industries, research and innovations features.
The Department has well qualified, experienced and highly motivated faculty members that include six assistant professors and two technical support staffs. The department deals with the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Technical English, Economics, Environmental and Social Science.
The concepts learnd by the student during their first year of engineering will be used rigorously in their later years. This is a foundational course. The tenure of this course is two semesters.
Promoting Prosperity of mankind in the areas of science and humanities through quality education and training.
- To educate the students in the fields of science and humanities through holistic teaching-learning processes.
- To develop talented and committed human resource by providing an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, team-spirit and entrepreneurial leadership.
- To prepare the students to face the societal challenges and meet the needs of the stake holders.
- Practice and promote high standards of professional ethics, transparency and accountability.
- Promoting Prosperity of mankind in teaching-learning process through quality education and training.
- To attain excellence in teaching-learning process through quality education and training. To attain excellence in academics and provide potential skills in the areas of sciences and humanities.
- To establish a Centre of excellence in basic sciences and humanities that provide foundation for engineering studies.
- strives to be a Center of Excellence in education, training and research, producing high quality graduates.
|Dr. Sanatkumar B.S||Head of Department||Ph.D. in Chemistry||5 years||Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry||Click here|
|Prof. Pooja R Bhosle||Assistant Professor||M.Sc in Physics||2 years 6 months||Physics||Click here|
|Prof. Antony Selvaraj.S||Assistant Professor||M.Sc-Mathematics
|12 years||Operation Research, Statistics||Click here|
|Prof. Shankar Hublikar||Assistant Professor||M.A. Economics||2 years||Economics and management, Financial Economics, International Economics||Click here|
|Prof. Mahesh Gawkhare||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. (Mathematics) NET, SET||1 year||Graph Theory||Click here|
|Prof. Carlton Fernandes||Assistant Professor||MA in English Literature||1 Month||Technical English, Spoken English and Business Communication||Click here|
|Mr. Vishal Goltekar||Lab Assistant||B.Sc in Chemistry|
|Ms. Sanjana Volvoikar||Lab Assistant||B.Sc in Physics|
The Department has the following labs equipped with all the latest techniques and instruments:
- Physics lab
- Chemistry lab